Atlantic Editor suggests he's open to sharing Hegseth's full war plans texts publicly

Jeffery Goldberg, the editor of The Atlantic Magazine, said he could be open to sharing more details from a signal group chat he was mistakenly added to by top U.S. officials that contained secret war plans.

"I get the defensive reaction," Goldberg said during an interview with The Bulwark on Tuesday. "But my obligation, I feel, is to the idea that we take national security information seriously."

Goldberg published a bombshell report on Monday outlining how he was added to a group chat on the encrypted messaging app that included top U.S. intelligence and military officials earlier this month relating to the U.S. government’s plans to strike Houthi targets in Yemen.

Goldberg reported he saw in a message, sent to the group by Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, specific weapons systems, human targets and other top secret information before he left the chat. He did not publish the specific information as part of his report, citing national security concerns.

The White House has denied war plans were texted to the group and Hegseth on Monday denied the reporting as well calling Goldberg "a deceitful and highly discredited, so-called journalist who’s made a profession of peddling hoaxes time and time again.”

"Maybe in the coming days, I'll be able to say okay I have a plan to have this materiel vetted publicly," Goldberg told the Bulwark on Tuesday. "But I'm not going to say that now."

During a hearing on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard and CIA Director John Ratcliffe contended that the Signal chat in question did not include classified information.